PAYASITA POLITICO

The call-them-as-I-see-them political thoughts of a 28 year old mom. WARNING: THIS BLOG CONTAINS STRONG POLITICAL OPINION COUPLED WITH SARCASM AND SATIRE. HOPEFULLY IT WILL OFFEND. NOT FOR PEOPLE WITH HEART, LIVER, OR KIDNEY PROBLEMS. OR METROSEXUALS.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Don'tLookForMe, Anywhere, United States

I'm a crack-ho lazy mom who vacillates between feelings of inadequacy and delusions of grandeur. I am not bothered by kid snot, garlic breath or Bob Dylan's voice. But pinch me with your toes and I will probably kill you.

Sunday, February 29, 2004

I've written about music before, but it is really hard for me to write about music that I like. Therefore, I will have to write about music and its societal effect on me instead of what kind of music I like.

Nirvana. I was mesmerized. NIN also. I have to say though, I outgrew them rapidly. I mean; when all was said and done; I wanted to hear music from people who fucked up their lives on their own terms instead of people who blamed their parents, or the government, or fan-obsession.

To this day, I cringe when I hear a musician or an actor make a political statement of any kind. As far as I'm concerned, if you are worth your salt as a musician, your music should make the statement, not you. There is nothing that irritates me more than listening to a song I like that has nothing to do with politics, then hearing the asinine voice of the crushingly uninformed musician trying to make a political statement against an economic system that has provided so amply for their obnoxious lifestyles. Believe me, it taints their music.