PAYASITA POLITICO

The call-them-as-I-see-them political thoughts of a 28 year old mom. WARNING: THIS BLOG CONTAINS STRONG POLITICAL OPINION COUPLED WITH SARCASM AND SATIRE. HOPEFULLY IT WILL OFFEND. NOT FOR PEOPLE WITH HEART, LIVER, OR KIDNEY PROBLEMS. OR METROSEXUALS.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Don'tLookForMe, Anywhere, United States

I'm a crack-ho lazy mom who vacillates between feelings of inadequacy and delusions of grandeur. I am not bothered by kid snot, garlic breath or Bob Dylan's voice. But pinch me with your toes and I will probably kill you.

Tuesday, August 05, 2003

And Zelda Unwraps the Cheese

NOTE: Title of page is changed

For some reason I can't sleep. I've been having trouble with it for the past few months. So instead of cleaning my house, which desperately needs it, I am doing something slightly less productive.

I like my title - I can only think of good titles when I'm tired. But suburban decay seems to fit my psyche right now. That, however, is a good thing. The suburbs should decay. The era of their usefulness has long since waned and they have truly become bastions of wishful thinking; each home an island unto itself; each neighborhood a conglomerate of people with nothing in common. In the city you have the city - impersonal and constant. In the country you have peace (and snakes). In the suburbs, you have neighbors. Keep in mind that I'm not complaining. I don't hate the suburbs (or neighbors for that matter), I just hate feeling like I can't decide where to live. It feels as if there is something better that I've either just missed or is somewhere ahead of me in a mist down a dark alley lit by a single gaslight......